This online archive asset provides links to some technical protocols for capturing and analysing interaction multi-modally (e.g. how to transcribe a gesture and align it with an utterance). The aim of this asset is to help evolve standardised ways of approaching questions about language use which are accessible and (re)producible by other researchers and non-technical experts in the Humanities.
- Ethical considerations for research using multi-modal technology-mediated professional meeting data
- Data capturing: a practical guide
- Coding schemes for multi-modal research
- Tools for coding and analysing multi-modal data
- Transcribing multi-modal data (using speech-to-text technologies)
- A glossary of terms
- More coming soon…